Monday, January 5, 2009

Learning About Handguns

I finally got a chance to shoot my new gun on Saturday. Don and I both really like it, and I have pretty good accuracy with hitting the target.

Here are some safety tips I learned before we went:

1. Never point gun toward anyone unless you plan to shoot them.
2. Don’t load the gun until you are ready to shoot.
3. Always keep the safety engaged until ready to shoot.
4. Never put your finger on the trigger (especially while picking gun up) except to shoot.

This "toy" is a killing machine, and mistakes can be deadly. It is important to follow all of the above guidelines to make sure they don't happen.

Here are some pictures I took. Thankfully it was 60ยบ+ that day. I’m not sure how many more days like that we’ll have in January, but I’m anxious to get back out and try it again!



No comments: