Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been trying to get back on Weight Watchers and have done fairly well this week, but my sweet tooth hasn't gone away. I need a little something to satisfy it from time to time. I found this recipe some time ago at eatbetteramerica.com. I make them a little smaller so that I make about 55, which comes out to about 72 calories per cookie. I also mash them down a little bit before baking for a bigger-looking, crispier cookie. Yum! Everyone I know who has tried them loves them.

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
-
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, oil, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until very light golden brown (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

2 comments:

Angie said...

How many points are these???

Jill said...

I count 3 points for 2 of them.