Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Hannah!

My niece Hannah is turning 7 today. The little girl who had to spend a week in the NICU when she was born has come a long way!

I love watching her grow up and seeing her personality emerge. Of all my nieces and my nephew, she is probably the most like me: a bit shy, but not afraid to make her opinions known. Her talents seem to be developing in artsy areas. She loves knowledge, but absorbs it in non-traditional ways, a family trait that I definitely inherited too. She has a fondness for animals and can’t seem to get enough of them.

She spent the night with me this week, and we had a fun time together. We wrote and illustrated a book about her birthday celebrations she’s had so far, picked strawberries, made some beaded jewelry, played with my pets and went shopping for a birthday gift. She is a sweet 7-year-old, and I am proud of her!

Happy birthday, Hannah! I hope you have a wonderful day. I am so thankful that God gave you to me for a niece!

No comments: