Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Brunch

My church had a brunch yesterday for Mother’s Day. They asked my brother Andy to be in charge. At the time he agreed to do it, he didn’t know that this would be the week they would be moving to The Jungle, that their house would need to be cleaned out for the renters to move in on Saturday.

But he pulled it off. All of it. And he did it with style!
The men (including my dad and Don) did the cooking, and the youth waited tables.
The food was delicious. The appetizer was "layers of seasonal fruit with vanilla yogurt and crunchy homemade granola." We had a menu with a choice of entrees. I chose "Peaches and Cream French Toast" with "Maple Glazed Bacon" and "Roasted Red and Yukon Gold Potatoes." For dessert there were chocolate-dipped strawberries. Yum!
My mom, who doesn’t usually attend our church, came for this affair. My sister-in-law and nieces and nephew were, of course, there too. Everyone went away with a very full stomach and lots of happy memories. Rumor has it that my brother went home afterward and took a long nap!

2 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Way to go, Jill! The food sounds delicious... will you post recipes??? Please??? ;-)

Pam said...

Wow.. what a fun day. What a tiring day. lol Glad it all went well. :)