Wednesday, May 6, 2009

KFC and CBS

KFC (formerly known as "Kentucky Friend Chicken") had coupons on the Internet today for a free 2-piece meal with their new grilled chicken. After fighting with the computer for about 30 minutes to print them out (the website warned there was high traffic and printing may take time), Don and I set out to get our free dinners. We first went to the KFC in Hermitage, which was a mob scene, so we drove a few miles down to the one in Mt. Juliet, which was somewhat better.

The chicken was pretty good. Now, if you're in the mood for some greasy fried chicken, this probably wouldn't do it for you, but if you want a slightly healthier option, it wouldn't be a bad choice. I looked at their nutrition information, and the grilled had 180 calories and 4 grams of fat for a breast, compared to the extra crispy, which has 490 calories and 31 grams of fat. That's quite a difference!

On a separate note, today was the last day of Community Bible Study for this year. We all met together and those who wanted to shared what God has taught them this year. It was kind of a sad day, as I don't know if I will be going back next year.

Below is a picture of most of the leaders I worked with this year. This is the last year for Jennifer, a/k/a Smelling Coffee (back row, third from right). She has done a wonderful job as our teaching director and we will sorely miss her. I am so thankful for all of these women and the impact they have made in my life.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I knew about the KFC thing but wondered if it would be nuts. Guess it was! But sounds like the chicken tasted good and isn't the nutritional nightmare the fried one is. Sounds yummy.

You all look so cute together in your pic. I can see where it might be sort of sad if you don't know whether you will return.

Hope you have a good day!
Hugs to ya!
~kay

Smelling Coffee said...

Dearest Jill~ I love you so much! I'm so glad that the Lord made us friends! I will continue to pray for you as you seek the Lord for what is next. Remember to check out April 29 of My Utmost For His Highets.
Love you, girl... Jen