Sunday, May 24, 2009

White Legs

I LOVE summer. I have very few complaints about it. But I do have one. White legs. Actually, I have white legs in the winter too, but so does everyone else, and it's acceptable to keep them covered then.

But now warm weather has set in (I am NOT, you understand, complaining about THAT). Which brings with it my dilemma.

I generally get some healthy color in my face, on my arms, and on my back if I wear a bathing suit. Not so with my legs. I can wear shorts every day, and my legs are still as white as they were in the middle of February.

The real problem with this is dressing up. Hose are no longer acceptable in the summer, at least in my neck of the woods, which means that I either 1) wear pants, or 2) wear a skirt and risk blinding people. I'm sure you can see the problem here. I have managed to find some skirts that come well below my knees so it's not so noticeable, so that's what I wear most of the time. But just consider yourself warned: if you see me coming toward you with bare legs, put on your sunglasses!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm with ya, sister! I'm a whitey and there's no hiding it. I've even tried that Jergens lotion that's supposed to make you look tanner. The only thing that looked more tan was my WHITE towel. *sigh*

It's always nice after we go on a trip or something and I've got (slightly less pale) sock lines from wearing walking shoes. The only thing worse than 'just white' is just white 'with a line'! LOL

Smelling Coffee said...

How funny! I'm sure you can tell, but I'm a self tanner, myself. Been self tanning for 26 years this month! I've tried every brand and appliation method.... if you want to give it a try, I'll tell you what I've learned...otherwise, I'll keep my sunglasses handy. :-)

Unknown said...

You are not alone dear