Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Judeo-Christian Nation

I recently watched the movie "The Sound of Music." I have seen it many times in my life, though it has been 2 or 3 years or more since I last saw it.

I related to it in a different way this time. One of its main characters, the Captain, is fighting throughout the movie to keep his beloved homeland, Austria, from being taken over by the Nazis, though he knows he is fighting a losing battle. At the end he and his family escape the country after he is told he must report for military duty to fight for this cause which he detests.
I related to it because I believe that we, too, are watching the nation we know and love slip out of our hands.

I recently saw this video of a speech in the U.S. House of Representatives made by Randy Forbes, a Representative from Virginia. He is disputing a statement that President Obama made publicly that we are no longer a Judeo-Christian nation. It is just over four minutes long, but I believe it is worth watching.



I would encourage you to pray more than ever for our nation. I believe that we WERE founded on God’s principles, and He is the one Who made us great. To turn our backs on that history is to deny God’s power and His blessing on our country. We are at a crucial point in our nation’s history where, I believe, if we don’t fight for what we have, we may well stand to lose it.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sadly we have come a long way from the ideals that started this nation. And many people chose to be blind to that.