Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Blogging Has Changed My Life

Well I’ve been blogging for around 3 months now. So far I’ve managed to write something every day. I don’t want it to come to the point that it’s stressing me out to do that, but it’s a good challenge for me.

It has made an impact on my life. I have found that now any events I attend, books I read or movies I watch, I am thinking about them from the perspective of "how can I review this on my blog?" I gather my thoughts and form opinions on things that I may not have otherwise. I am encouraged to get involved in more things so I will have something to write about. I carry my digital camera (along with extra batteries) with me almost everywhere I go. I’ve taken more of an interest in news and current events so I can blog intelligently about what’s going on in the world. I spend more time discussing ideas with others and researching topics on the Internet to broaden my knowledge and ideas. It’s also sometimes an outlet for me to vent my emotions.

It has deepened many of my relationships. People, even my own family, tell me that they feel like they know me much better now from reading my blog. I do write about a lot of things that I wouldn’t necessarily talk about. It has also gotten me to read other people’s blogs and get to know them better. I love opening my blog and see that my "reader meter" has clicked up a few notches, or, better yet, someone has left me a comment. Then there’s the high compliment of having someone add me to their blog list.

Is it taking too much of my time? I don’t think so. Most of the things I blog about are a part of my life anyway. The majority of my blogs are fairly short and only take a few minutes to write. For the reasons above, I believe it is time well-spent.

Where will this take me? I don’t know. I am discovering so many new things I can do and enjoy doing as well as a new way of thinking. In a world that is becoming more and more influenced by the Internet, this is at the very least a positive way to get involved.

5 comments:

MADDIE said...

I agree with you on all of your points. When watching something, I often think about how I could blog about it. I also agree that it has deepened some of my relationships, especially with family and friends out of town. I even got reconnected with one of my dearest friends from many years ago. I love being able to see pictures of her family and read about what is going on in her life.

Also, I love that you blog everyday. I know that I can always count on an update when I go to your blog! I love that! I truly enjoy reading about what you have to say on many issues. You are an excellent writer!

Melissa said...

Andy might saw that I'm obsessed, but I do agree with much of what you have said. I know that my family and friends that live out of town truely love the pictures of the children ;0)

Melissa said...

oops....I meant "Andy might say", not saw---hee, hee

Angie said...

I love your blog Jill...I agree with Christy, you are VERY good at sharing your opinions and thoughts in a wonderfully thought out manner that can be very thought provoking for me. I think you have a gift that sould be used even more widely than in your blog...just my opinion! Have a great day!

Jill said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments, and for being faithful readers of my blog! ( :