Friday, October 3, 2008

VP Debate

Well, the vice-presidential debate of 2008 is history, and I must say I was more entertained than I was during the presidential debate. I actually like both of these candidates better than their running mates.
-
Sarah Palin seemed to be on the defense for the most part, defending herself in the areas where she has been accused of being weak: lack of experience, being out of touch with the middle class, etc. She also made a comment that she was glad to be able to appear directly before the people, "without the filter of the media," a reference to rumors that she was not doing well in behind-the-scenes interviews. Nervous in the beginning, she relaxed after a little while and "let ‘im have it."
-
I didn’t agree with Biden on much politically, but I think he is a person of substance. He has a lot of experience in Congress and a variety of life experience as well. It seems he has nothing to hide, unlike his running mate, whose background is a bit mysterious.
-
Both candidates spoke confidently and actually debated each other rather than just speaking to the camera, as Obama and McCain were corrected several times for doing.
-
If I were unbiased, it would be hard for me to say who won the debate, but since I’m not, and this is my blog, I would definitely have to say that it was Sarah Palin.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I thought it was a great debate. I missed the Presidential one, but hope to catch the next one.