Saturday, October 4, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

The Sound of Music is a movie I have always loved. In one of the scenes, the children are afraid, and Maria tells them it will help if they think of their favorite things. In light of what is going on in our country, I am pretty afraid right now too, so here are a few of my favorite things:
-
1) Having a whole day with nothing I have to do.
2) Reese’s peanut butter cups.
3) A garden in springtime.
4) Being surrounded by those I love.
5) Coming home and having a whole bunch of e-mails, and at least some of them are worth reading.
6) When God answers my prayers in unexpected ways.
7) My next-door neighbor’s maple tree in the fall.
8) When someone is genuinely interested in something I am saying.
9) Getting my legs licked by my dogs.
10) Having a good reason to play my piccolo.
11) Being able to help someone who is truly in need.
12) Walking in the woods with Don and the dogs.
-
Well, I don’t think the problems went away, but at least I feel better now. ( :

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Neat list....I love Reese's cups too!! Thank you for coming to GJ's game today. She smiled when she saw you! I know it means a lot to her when ya'll come and watch her!

Smelling Coffee said...

You're such a special person, Jill. I love you and am so glad God sent you to our CBS class, and into my life.