Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cold Ankles

I am not an unusually tall person (5’6"), but I have very long legs. This presents a problem. I have trouble finding pants that are long enough for me. Fortunately, a lot of women’s pants now come in Petite, Medium and Long lengths, but this is not the case with sweat pants. Even if I buy them so big that I need to wear a belt to hold them up, the length still usually falls roughly two inches above my ankles. This is not only unattractive, but it also leaves me with very cold ankles. The whole point of wearing sweat pants is to be comfortable, and I am not comfortable if I have cold ankles.

I have one pair that I really like. I bought them about ten years ago in the men’s department. They have elastic at the ankles and are so long that the legs balloon at the bottom. I love them. I usually wash them at least once between regular laundry days so I can wear them again. I bought them when I was much heavier than I am now and they are way too big, but they have a drawstring at the top, so that holds them up. I have a big cozy sweatshirt to match.

Since they are ten years old and I wear them pretty much all the time in the winter, they are starting to show a little wear. Now I am on a quest to find another set that I like equally well. Until then, I will continue to wear my oversized and tattered one. At least my ankles will be warm.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

have you ever tried the kind that don't have elastic at the bottom? they would probably be longer, but possibly not as warm?? i usually wear that kind, but i like cold a little more than you :0)