Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Ways and God's Ways

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies." Psalm 18:2-3

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11

"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Well, I am disappointed, and quite frankly, a bit afraid. What is in store for America? I just have to trust that God is handling it, and He has our best interests at heart. What seems right to me is not necessarily what is right to God. Our responsibility is to trust that He has a plan and praise Him for it, even when we don’t understand what He’s doing. The verses above are helping me do that.

Please join me in praying for Obama, that he will know Jesus, if he doesn't, and that he will have wisdom and strength and look to God for guidance in leading our country.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I feel an even heavier burden to pray for our country than I did before today. I know that is how I should feel everyday as a Christ-follower. I feel my eyes have been opened today of my own indifference. How quickly my heart turns to my own thoughts and plans and not God's.

Smelling Coffee said...

Let's also pray that as the body of Christ, we will keep praying, even after we've settled down a bit and gone back to our own lives.

Love you...

Angie said...

It is so obvious that now...we MUST pray for Obama. I mean really pray that he will let God lead him in his decisions for our country. It hasn't been hard for me to pray for George W. Bush because I agree with so many of the things he stands for. Obama, however, who I don't agree with his stance on MANY issues, I should even be more diligent in praying for! It is a wake up call for us believers for sure. I am also scared in my flesh, yet comforted by His word and promises.