Sunday, November 16, 2008

Growing in Grace

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen." II Peter 3:18

I picked a Bible verse to pray each of my nieces and my nephew when they were born and have prayed it for them regularly throughout their lives. I didn’t pick Grace’s verse for any particular reason; I just thought it was a good verse to pray for a child, and since it contained her name, it was all the more appropriate.

She is seven now, and I love seeing God answering my prayer in her life. As I have mentioned before, I am teaching her and Hannah in a Bible study class, and seeing Grace soak up the Scriptures and grow in her love for Christ is such a joy to me. She often has her hand raised to answer questions and asks good questions when she doesn’t know.

I look forward to seeing how God is going to continue to use this verse in Grace’s life as she grows into her teen years and adulthood. He is faithful, and I know He has great things in store for her!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i love my baby grace. thank you for praying for her and for being an awesome teacher!

Smelling Coffee said...

She is precious - and I'm so glad that you're having an influence in her growth, both by praying and by teaching her!