Saturday, November 8, 2008

George W. Bush

Poor George Bush is getting a bad rap these days. Well, he really has from the very beginning, but even McCain put him down during his campaign, vowing not to be like him.
-
In spite of it all, I still like and respect him. I appreciate that he is a professing Christian, and I think his faith is genuine. I think he probably prayed about the decisions he made and tried to do his job in accordance with God’s standards.
-
His main priority during his administration, by default, had to be national security, and I believe he has handled that well. After all, we haven’t had another attack since 9/11. Of course, we don’t know what might have been, but if Bush hadn’t handled it as well as he had, the United States of America may no longer be on the map.
-
He has had an immeasurably difficult job that I certainly wouldn’t want. He has made some mistakes and hasn’t given as much attention to some matters as some people would have liked for him to, but we have to give him credit for focusing on what is probably the most important matter of all. After all, we’re still here.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree. I'm sure in some ways he is thankful that his term is almost over. I'm sure it will be quite an adjustment after 8 years in the WH. I often thought of Laura and her feelings. I know that I don't handle it will when AJ faces criticism and the magnitude that GWB had to face made me mad a lot of times. I wish that I could have traveled to DC and met both of them. They seem like a very neat couple. I pray Obama will take advice from our current President even if he doesn't admit it to anyone!

Angie said...

I love George W. for the same reasons you like him Jill. I am thankful to have had a President that sought after God and tried to lead according to God's standards. I really take it personally when people criticize him for some reason...I think he is a good man and I am sad to see him leave (and more sad to see our new President come)...

Smelling Coffee said...

I totally agree!

Technonana said...

Oh Sweetie... I love this Man, because like you, I believe he tried to do what he felt God was leading him to do. I'm sure he is so ready to leave... I don't know another President that was put through so much abuse... and for what???

Lou said...

Your blog was well thought out and I concur with your thoughts.