Monday, November 3, 2008

Exercising My Second Amendment Rights

I did something this weekend that I have never done before. Don and I had decided that, in light of current national and world events, it wouldn’t be a bad idea for me to learn to shoot a gun. He has a .22-caliber rifle, so on Saturday we went out to the shooting range on Hobson Pike in Mt. Juliet, where I had my first lesson.

Click to play Learning to Shoot
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


It was a beautiful day, and I actually had fun! I am sincerely hopeful that I will never have a reason to use this skill for anything other than sport. Still, it never hurts to know how to do it. If it’s good enough for Sarah Palin, it’s good enough for me!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

fun...i've always wanted to go clay shooting.....i think that is what it is called. has don ever done that?

Smelling Coffee said...

You go, girl! Way to make that target!!! I used to be a "pistol packin' mama", but that was years ago. Need to brush up on my skills too. :-)

Angie said...

I'm proud of you Jill...that is a big step...makes me nervous...but it's great to "be ready"...hopefully you'll never have a reason to use that new skill though!