Monday, November 24, 2008

Things I am Thankful For

For many in our society Thanksgiving has become little more than a kickoff for the Christmas season, but I truly enjoy it for what it should be: an opportunity to gather together with family and/or friends without all the pressures that Christmas brings and also to think about what we are thankful for.

God has blessed me in so many ways. It is hard to narrow them down to a paragraph, but for the sake of blogging, I’ll try. I am thankful for my family, including my husband. I am thankful to live in a country where I have the freedom to worship God, and for the opportunities I have to do that. I have the desire to do this since God forgave my sins and saved me through Jesus’ death on the cross, another gift I am immeasurably thankful for. I am healthy. I have a wonderful group of friends, a roof over my head, food on my table, clothes on my back, a car to drive, and pets to love. I am not without anything I need, and have a lot of other "stuff" that I just want. God has been so good to me, and I am glad that Thanksgiving is an opportunity to acknowledge that.

I am going to be taking a few days off from blog-writing to spend the holiday with family. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’ll be back soon!

No comments: