Sunday, November 23, 2008

Setting an Example

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I Timothy 4:12

Last Sunday I blogged about choosing a verse to pray for each of my nieces and my nephew. Hannah, age 6, is my second niece.

Though the middle of 3 sisters (followed by a little brother), Hannah is very much her own self. She is quiet, but she will often surprise me with a great flood of knowledge, particularly about God and His word.

She is very artistic and creative and has a love for God and all of His creatures. Her heart is pure and her faith is deep. At a very young age she revealed to her parents, matter-of-factly, that she had asked Jesus into her heart while she was laying in bed one night.

I can see God working in her life through this verse, as she is already setting an example for all of us in many ways. I believe she will continue to do this as she grows in wisdom and stature, and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for her.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

i can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for little hannah either. she is so sweet and tender, i am so thankful for her.

Angie said...

This gave me chills Jill...because it is so true of Hannah. She is precious...and I know God has big plans for her!