Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Well, election day is here. I have seen far more passion and fervor in this political season than I ever have before. I believe the battle between good and evil in this country is getting stronger and stronger.

I have done everything I can. I have tried to get the word out about what I sincerely believe to be true, that Obama would be a bad choice for us. I have cast my vote. I have prayed, and prayed, and prayed. Now we have come down to what was really true all along: it’s in God’s hands.

It may be that Obama wins. It is still in God’s hands. It may be that the days ahead are going to be much harder than any we have ever known. It is still in God’s hands. If McCain wins, that is in God’s hands too. The truth is that, even if he wins, McCain is not our savior; Jesus is.

Please join me today in praying for our country and that those who cast their votes today will make wise choices, that the votes will be counted fairly and accurately, and that God will have mercy on us all.

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Matthew 6:9b-13

4 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

So wise and true, Jill. We will rest in God's Soverignty and pray for our nation and leaders until He leads us to do otherwise.

Angie said...

God's will will prevail and that gives peace during times like these. He knows who our next President will be. He desires for us to turn back to Him. I pray our next President will help turn our country back to the one true God!!

MADDIE said...

Although I know God is in control, I am still anxiously praying and waiting for the results to come in! Jill, thank you for your willingness to openly share your opinion.

God's Girl Pearl said...

Amen. I totally agree and will join you in prayer for our country.