Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Useful Cookbook

Don’t Panic – Dinner’s in the Freezer is a cookbook I got a few months ago that is great for planning ahead. It shows you how to make up meals that keep well in the freezer, so on busy days, all you have to do is thaw one out and pop it in the oven. It tells you how to modify the recipes for various size batches and gives specific directions for preparation day and serving day, as well as giving advice for storing them so all your pans aren’t in the freezer. It has main dishes but also appetizers, side dishes and desserts.
-
I think our favorite recipe that we’ve tried so far is the Chicken Enchiladas. We’ve also tried the Continental Beef, Beef Fajitas and the Chicken Lelani, which were all pretty good too.
-
I would recommend this book if you, like me, have plenty of time some days and no time on other days. It may just make your life a little easier.

2 comments:

God's Girl Pearl said...

I will have to check this book out. I need some new ideas.

Smelling Coffee said...

How awesome! I need to get that book... since I have no idea what's for dinner tonight, and I have a growing son whose first question every morning is, "What's for dinner?" It's a daily panic for me. ;-)