Monday, September 29, 2008

Chocolate Cherry Cake

This is a recipe that my mom gave me more than 20 years ago, and I have made it many times. It’s so easy, and it’s always been a hit wherever I’ve taken it.
-
1 pkg. Devil’s food cake mix
21-oz. can cherry pie filling
2 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
-
1 cup sugar
5 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup milk
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
-
Mix first four ingredients in bowl. Stir by hand until well-blended. Pour into greased 9"x13" pan. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Glaze while warm.
-
Glaze: Blend sugar, butter and milk in saucepan. Allow to boil 1 minute. Add chocolate chips and mix until smooth. Pour over cake and spread evenly.
-

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes, this is one of my favorites!!!

Smelling Coffee said...

This looks SO delicious! Abigail and I want to try it!

I tried to be your "follower", but can't find where to do it. :-)

Have a great day...Jennifer