Friday, September 5, 2008

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

By request from Jennifer, my Bible study leader and blog reader, this is a favorite recipe my mom made when I was growing up. Don’t let the name fool you if you don’t like sour cream; it’s delicious (but not very Weight Watchers-friendly)!

½ cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup finely-chopped pecans

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream

Put first four ingredients in a bowl with a lid and shake together well.

Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and almond extract. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt and then sour cream.

Sprinkle 1/3 of cinnamon mixture into bundt pan. Pour in half of batter and cover evenly with another 1/3 of cinnamon mixture. Pour in rest of batter and cover with rest of cinnamon mixture. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done.

3 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Bless you, my friend!!! I can't wait to make this!!!!! Thanks so much for posting your wonderful recipe!

Have a great weekend!

MADDIE said...

What perfect timing.....Yesterday, I got my new pampered chef bundt pan I had ordered a few weeks ago. I was looking for a new recipe to try out. I might try it out this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Melissa said...

I've ACTUALLY made this before......shocker I know. It is very good!