Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Four-Leaf Clover Gene

My mom has it. My brother and I both have it: the ability to find 4-leaf clovers with little or no effort. We spot them when walking down the street or mowing the grass. Sometimes we even look out the window and see one growing in the yard.
-
An odd trait, but I have met others through the years who also have it. Those of us who have it are usually also good proofreaders and have an ability to easily spot other things that don’t belong. It’s just one of those ways that God makes us unique.
-
Recently, my 6-year-old niece Hannah came up to my brother, clover in hand. "Look Daddy, it has four leafs (sic)." What a proud moment it was for Andy! At least 1 of his 4 children has inherited the gene. There’s still hope that it might emerge in some of the others, but for now we’re happy to know that the trait lives on.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Andy said he almost wrecked his bike when a child b/c he saw a four leafer while riding down the road. Hannah is usually the first to notice anything usual in her environment.

MADDIE said...

I am so jealous....I wish I had this gene. I would sit for hours looking for a four-leaf clover when I was little and couldn't find one.....as a matter of fact, I don't think I ever found one. I am also not a detail-oriented person.....very interesting?!?!?

Smelling Coffee said...

Hi Jill~ Abigail is always looking for 4 leaf clovers, and has not found one yet. She said she needs your gift. :-)

I pray all went well today. I was praying for you all.