Sunday, September 28, 2008

God is in Control

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them.

He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;

he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." Daniel 2:20-22

"Those the LORD blesses will inherit the land, but those he curses will be cut off.
If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."
Psalm 37:22-25

I will have to admit that there is some fear in my heart about the things that are going on in our country. I wish I could just completely trust God to work it out, but my human nature lays awake at night wondering what’s going to happen.

But God is in charge. He is greater than our president or our congress. He will decide who wins the next election. He owns more than our national debt. It really doesn’t matter whether I agree with the decisions made by congress in the next few days. God is in control. Praise His name forever and ever.

No comments: