Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dog Sandwich

I didn’t sleep very well last night because I kept waking up and finding myself as the filling for a dog sandwich. This occurs when one dog lays right up next to me on one side (on top of the covers), and the other does the same on the other side of me. This leaves me completely unable to move in any direction without uprooting at least one dog. They are quite comfortable and not very willing to move, so I either have to work an arm free and move them manually or just suffer until one of them decides for themselves to change positions.

Yes, we let our dogs sleep with us. I started it with Dasha before I got married. Don agreed to let it continue after we got married, and then Nash joined the happy family. Even our king-sized bed can get quite crowded at times with our foursome in it. But at least they get a good night’s sleep!

The lesson here: think about what you are willing to put up with before you let your dog sleep with you. Once you do let them do it, you're in for life.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

same philosophy for kids too....THINK before you act or speak....so hard for me