Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dusting

If anyone asks me what housework chore I dislike the most, I don’t need any time to consider it: dusting. I’d rather scrub toilets, run the vacuum or wash dishes any day. There’s something about moving all of my knick-knacks aside and having to wipe under them, or maybe it’s just having to clean up a mess I didn’t make. Possibly it’s because it’s a detail-oriented chore, and I’m not a detail person when it comes to making for extra work. I’m not really sure why I hate it so much; I just do. Therefore, I do it as little as possible, usually 3 or 4 times a year, and that’s only when I’m having company and it’s bad enough that I know they would be grossed out by it. I did it this weekend, because my mom was coming over and you could write your name with your finger on our furniture. I’m looking at doing it again maybe at Christmastime.

What chore do you dislike the most?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think dusting comes in first for me too. I do think I have way too many knicknacks and that distracts me and overwhelms me too :) Maybe it is b/c my Mom always wanted me to do that one at our house. I truly don't mind the others but that one I put off as long as I can.

Smelling Coffee said...

Do we have to choose one???

We had our air ducts cleaned out several years ago, and for about a year, I had to dust only once a month - and even then, it wasn't bad. I loved it! If you want the name of the man who did it, I'll give it to you. We'd do it again if we knew we were going to live in our house for several more years. :-)

Angie said...

I HATE dishes...I know that is a strong word...but it is the very best one to fit my emotion towards this awful chore! Oh...laundry runs a very close 2nd. I don't mind dusting the easy to reach places. But if anyone tall comes in my house...they'd see that I slack at dusting anything above my head!