Saturday, September 13, 2008

Iced Coffee

I said I would never do it, but I have had to eat those words (or drink them, in this case). I have become a caffeine addict. The problem (well, one of them) is that I don’t enjoy drinking hot coffee when the weather is hot. I do like iced coffee that I get at drive-throughs, but they are always overpriced, so I have learned to make my own. This takes a while, so I have to plan ahead.
-
To make one tall glass, first I make strong coffee in the coffeemaker using 2 heaping tablespoons of coffee and 1½ cups of water. When that is done, I take the pot off the coffeemaker, remove the lid, and let it sit and cool at least ½ hour. Then I pour ¼ cup milk in a bottle with a lid (I have a little 1-pint Rubbermaid container that is marked with measurements that works great) and add 1 tablespoon of sugar (you can adjust this according to your tastes). Pour in the coffee, put the lid on and shake it up. (You can use a blender if you want it frothier.) Then pour over ice, and you’re all set. A great caffeine fix on a summer day!

2 comments:

MADDIE said...

Yummy...I love to make these too! I should try this using milk instead of creamer. I still haven't had a chance to make the coffee cake recipe....maybe today I will do that! You probably know by now I am kind of a "fly by the seat of my pants" girl! Have a wonderful day!

Smelling Coffee said...

Great idea! I love iced coffee, and will try your recipe. :-)