Friday, August 15, 2008

Jigsaw Puzzles

One of the things Don and I have discovered that we enjoy doing together is jigsaw puzzles. This is something I never really did before I got married, but one winter evening not too long after we got married, Don and I were bored and came across the clock puzzle (pictured) that my dad had given me some years earlier but I had never worked. We sat down and did the whole thing over the next several hours and discovered that it was really fun!
-
Soon we became addicts and were buying jigsaw puzzles on a regular basis. Unfortunately, our dog Nash has a taste for puzzle pieces, so since most of the ones we work take us several days, usually Nash somehow manages to sneak a piece or 2 while it is laying out on the table, and our puzzle has holes in it by the time we are done.
-
We have decided we like drawings better than photographs. Charles Wysocki is our favorite puzzle artist. The picture on the right is our latest accomplishment, one we did actually manage to finish with all the pieces intact. We don’t do them as much in the summer, but as the cooler weather and shorter days start setting in, I expect we’ll be getting back into it. I think it’s a great low-cost way for couples or families to spend time together.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My Mom used to frame them for us. She recently made one for Gabe's room. I really like that one, it would look nice hanging in your home!