Saturday, August 30, 2008

Smooth Move

Well, it has happened. We have a woman running on the Republican presidential ticket.

I have never really been receptive to having a woman in that position before; I think women are too ruled by their emotions to be in such an office (I personally could never make the decision send people's kids off to war), but in light of the present circumstances, I think John McCain made an excellent choice.
-
His campaign got more positive press coverage yesterday than I think it ever has before. Sarah Palin is cute, conservative and someone who lives what she believes. Being a woman, she will probably attract some of the liberal voters, and as a pro-life Christian, she is getting the attention of evangelical voters, including me.
-
I may have to make an exception to my feelings in this case. I think this choice gives conservatives a hope that we didn’t have before.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree 100%. I have now taken more of an interest in the election and I am excited to learn more about her and to support their campaign. Bravo McCain....didn't think I would ever be saying that with such exclamation!

Smelling Coffee said...

Well said! There is a new excitement and "light" about the Republican ticket now, and I'm so thankful!