Friday, August 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Surprise Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes for one of Don’s birthday celebrations, but they have been a hit every time I have made them.

Ingredients
Any chocolate cake mix that makes 24 cupcakes, plus ingredients needed to make it (oil, eggs, etc.)
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
1 stick butter
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup cocoa
5-6 Tbsp. milk

Directions
Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1 Tbsp. milk with mixer until creamy.
-
Make cupcakes as directed on cake mix box. Pour into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Drop scant tablespoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into center of each cupcake and bake as cake mix directs.
-
Cream butter, confectioners’ sugar, cocoa and milk. Frost cupcakes when cooled. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
-
Yum!
Weight Watchers beware! This is not a low-point food!

3 comments:

Smelling Coffee said...

Yumm! Looks delicious! When are you going to post the wonderful coffee cake you made for our LC training???

PS: love the new look on your blog. When you mentioned it earlier, I couldn't see anything different. (Computer issues, maybe.)

Have a good weekend.

Melissa said...

I will say "Amen" these cupcakes are sooo yummy. I need some more, two wasn't enough for me the other night. I'll have to try out the recipe myself.

Angie said...

Jill--this looks absolutely delicious! I can wait to try the recipe! Thanks for sharing. Keep them coming...I need as much help in the cooking/baking area as I can get! (-: