Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Top Ten Things That I Appreciate About My Pastor

Our church celebrated our pastor’s 7th anniversary there this week. A number of people in the church got up in the service to tell what he has meant to them during this time. I’m more of a writer than a speaker, and I’ve never been one to do things the traditional way anyway, so I am choosing to communicate my thoughts to him this way. Here are some of the things I appreciate about him:

1. He found me a good deal on a new computer.
2. He tries to be on Weight Watchers (trust me, I understand!).
3. He has a great sense of humor.
4. He puts up with me even though I don’t agree with him on a lot of things (and don’t keep them a secret).
5. He’s not afraid to think big and pursue what may seem impossible to practical people like me.
6. He is humble and willing to admit his imperfections.
7. He cares about each member of the congregation.
8. Being the pastor of a small congregation, he has to wear many hats. He handles this very well.
9. He has reached out to my family and, with much thanks to him most (and sometimes all) of us are worshipping under one roof on Sundays, something I never expected to have happen again.
10. He has a servant’s heart and allows God to use him in ways big and small.

Thanks, Pastor Mike, for all you do!

No comments: