Monday, August 11, 2008

A Picnic in the Park

Don and I took my niece Hannah on an outing last night to Veterans’ Memorial Park in LaVergne. She has been a little lonely since both of her sisters have gone to South Carolina to visit Melissa’s aunt for a few days.
-
The weather has been unseasonably cool and beautiful, so we had a picnic and played on the playground. We had a great time swinging on the swings and sliding down the slide (no, the picture of me on the spiral slide isn’t just posed; I really did it!). I climbed to the very top of the jungle gym too. The only thing I wouldn't do is crawl through the tubes they have. I'm way too claustrophobic for that.
-
It was fun to spend time with Hannah and act like a kid again. I need to do it more often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little girl!