Sunday, August 31, 2008

He Cares for Us

You’ve probably seen the scripture on my sidebar (Ephesians 3:17-21). Whenever anyone has asked me in recent years what my favorite scripture is, I quote this one, particularly verses 20-21.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Still, I sometimes have trouble believing it, even though God has proven it true to me time after time throughout my life. Usually when I have a situation come up that is too big for me to handle, I pray about it, and then start thinking up good ways for God to handle it. He always takes care of it, but usually in bigger ways than I had ever thought of.

Other times I start to worry that, even though He can handle it, maybe He won’t this time. Thankfully, His care for us doesn’t depend solely on our faith.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

Our Heavenly Father knows our needs and will take care of us.

No comments: