Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ten Whole Minutes!

Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." Exodus 4:10-12

I can relate to ol’ Moses, for I too consider speech to be an obstacle. Now God is calling me to use my voice, and I am afraid. In teaching the children in Community Bible Study this year, for which I have been in training the past two days, I am going to have to give a 10-minute lecture each week, and do it in such a way that the children will remain attentive. At first this didn’t seem so daunting, but the more I think about it, the worse it gets. I can’t say that I have ever spoken for ten solid minutes about anything, without interaction from others.

There is also the preparation time issue. I get overwhelmed when I think about all the time this is going to take me every week, and my plate is already pretty full. I will also have to do the adult lesson, the questions for the children’s lesson and plan crafts and activities to fill 2 hours, though I do have a good curriculum that will be helpful.

I’m not backing out. I know this will be a great growth experience for me. God promised Moses He would help him and teach Him what to say, and I believe He will do the same for me. I would ask you to pray with me that He would do this. Our first meeting is August 27.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I know we are excited and hopefully they will be very attentive students for you.

Melissa said...

Okay.......so I am now obsessed with gadgets......my blog is going to be overrun......I must be stopped....

Smelling Coffee said...

Dearest Jill~ The Lord will do mighty things in and through you this year! I'm so proud of you! And, I will pray that He multiplies your time (and your words!).